In the event of an emergency, please call 911 or contact your nearest Crisis Response Center.
OR go to your nearest hospital emergency room where personnel there can evaluate your need for hospitalization (inpatient) or partial hospitalization.
OR Call your county’s mobile crisis team – who will provide you with resources and who, if urgent, will come to you and also evaluate your need for a higher level care.
OR call the National Crisis Line: Lifeline at (800) 273-8255
See below for other resources in your area.
24-Hour Mental Health Delegate Line: 215-685-6440
- Call the Mental Health Delegate Line if you are seeking help for yourself, a family member, a friend, etc. (available 24-Hours a day, 7 days a week)
Citywide Mobile Team: (215) 685-6440
24 Hour Suicide / Crisis hotline number: (215) 686-4420
Women Organized Against Abuse: (866) 723-3014
National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-7233
Menergy: (215) 242-2235
Narcotics Anonymous (NA): (215) 629-6757
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA): (215) 923-7900
Al-Anon: (215) 222-5244
Live Another Day – Features culturally competent resources for people of color and an editorially curated list of the top-rated rehab centers in Philadelphia.
Southeast Detox – Newly updated for 2023, this guide features over 50 fully-vetted resources for Black women
Southeast Addiction Center – 2023’s Top 50 resources for Black men who are struggling with substance use and/or their mental health.
Louisville Addiction Center – An extensive resource curated for BIPOC parents
The Mazzoni Center: 215-563-0652
The Attic Youth Center : 215-545-4331
HIV Case Management (Uniform Access): (800) 929-5602
HIV Free Care: (215) 790-1788
- Jonathon Lak Center 1233 Locust St., Philadelphia, PA
Outreach Hotline: (215) 232-1984
Women: (215) 686-7150, 51, 52
1460 Cherry St., Philadelphia, PA (8am-4pm)
1320 Arch St., Philadelphia, PA (after 4pm)
Homeless Healthcare: (215) 732-1163
Mary Howard Center 125 S. 9th St., Philadelphia PA
Philadelphia Housing Authority: (215) 664-4000
City of Philadelphia Departments:
Social Services Helpline: (CBH) (888) 545-2600
Department of Public Welfare: (800) 692-7462
Office of Mental Health: (215) 685-5400
Office of Mental Retardation: (215) 685-5900
- Mobile Crisis: 1-855-889-7827
- Peer operated warm line (non-emergencies) with certified peer specialists who can provide support to individuals who struggle with emotional and mental health challenges: 1-855-464-9342.
- Mobile Crisis: 1-855-634-4673.
- For talk support in non-emergencies, contact the Peer Support Talk Line open daily from 1:00pm – 9:00pm. Call 855-715-8255 or text 267-225-7785.
- Valley Creek Crisis Center: 610-280-3270 or 610-918-2100
- Toll free 1-877-918-2100
- Telephone Crisis Counseling, Mobile Outreach Services, Available 24/7
- Consumer-run Warm Line: 866-846-2722 – Monday-Friday from 2-8 pm, Sat-Sunday from noon – 6 pm.
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL HOTLINES:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline — 800-799-7233
- Child Abuse Hotline — 800-4-A-CHILD (800 422 4453)
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD)— 1-800-622-2255
- Trevor HelpLine / Suicide Prevention for LGBTQ+ Teens — 1-866-488-7386
- Gay & Lesbian National Hotline — 1-888-THE-GLNH (1-888-843-4564)
- National Runaway Safeline — 1-800-RUNAWAY (chat available on website: www.1800runaway.org)
ONLINE CHAT SITES / TEXT LINES: